How to Upgrade My GTBank Account
Here we will discuss how to upgrade your GTbank account. Savings accounts and Current accounts are the first two types of accounts offered by GTBank. Secondly, there are categories of accounts in the form of tiers in GTbank.
There are three tiers: the first tier, the second tier, and the third tier. These tiers limit the amount of money you can keep in your bank account.
For example, a first-tier account can hold a maximum amount of N250,000. It is essential to understand that not all funds should be deposited into your account at once.
A first-tier account has the lowest saving limit of N250,000 to N300,000. However, to deposit N250,000, you must deposit in five different transactions, not more than N50,000 at a time, and the total money in the account must not be more than N300,000.
This is often a limitation, as transactions exceeding this amount are not allowed. If this limit is exceeded, the account is usually blocked until the problem is resolved or the account upgraded.
How to Upgrade My GTBank Account from Student Account
How can I upgrade my GTBank account online? Here right now, you find out the answer to your question. However, there are two ways you can upgrade your GTBank account. You can visit the nearest GTBank close to you for an upgrade or do it yourself online via the GTB internet banking platform.
Furthermore, we will show you the steps and requirements for successfully upgrading your GTBank account.
Requirements to Upgrade my GTBank Account
Below you will see the requirements to upgrade the Guaranty Trust Bank account.
- A valid National ID card, international passport, or driver’s license is required.
- You must have a BVN. However, if you do not have the bank will register it for you.
- Two passport photographs
- A utility bill within the past three months. This bill usually serves as proof of where you live.
How to Upgrade GTBank Account Online via the Internet Banking
Technology has made everything easy nowadays. At the comfort of your home, you can upgrade your account by following the step-by-step guide below.
- Go to www.gtbank.com
- First-time users of the internet banking platform will need to click the ‘Register Now’ button to fill in the required information.
- Log in with your username (user ID, account number, email address, or phone number).
- When you have logged in, select the self-service option at the bottom of the page.
- Click on ‘Account Upgrade’ as the service type.
- Input GTBank Account Number (NUBAN) (Your GTBank NUBAN account number is also your account number. Input the account number of the GTBank account you wish to upgrade if you have more than one.) and Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Then, submit the form
- Select Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3 as the preferred account upgrade.
- You will receive A one-time password (OTP) on your registered phone number via SMS. Input the OTP immediately because it expires within a short period.
- Upload required documents (i.e., an ID card, a utility bill, a marriage certificate, a newspaper article, and so on), which may include some or all of the items specified above, depending on the selected account upgrade.
- Now, submit the form.
Please note: It is advisable to upgrade to a tier 3 account for unlimited transactions.
How to Upgrade Guaranty Trust Bank Account Offline
Below is the guideline to update your GTBank account offline.
- To upgrade your account, get all the necessary documents as mentioned above.
- Visit any GTBank branch in your area.
- Request an account upgrade from one of the customer services staffs.
- You will be given a form to fill out and attach specific documents.
- Submit the form to a customer service representative with the required documents.
- That’s all, within a few minutes, your account will be upgraded.
How to Know My GTBank Account Limit
It’s simple to figure out your GTB account limit; simply read the article below to learn about your account’s limit.
- First-tier GTB accounts—also known as student accounts, the highest one-time payment you can make is 50,000 and can allow a maximum balance of N300, 000.
- Second Tier two account, the highest payment you can make at a time is 100,000.
- Third Tier account, your one-time payment is not limited to this account likewise other transactions.
Do you have any questions about this article on GTBank Gaps Login? If that is the case! Please make use of our comment section to ask your questions.
Read Also ⇓:
Is this article helpful to you? If yes! Please don’t forget to share this post with your friends on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and More.